Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awake, Aware, Alive

I've been asking myself this question all day (yesterday):  what kind of person do I want to become?  It's so interesting to me how human everyone in my life becomes the older I get.  These people that I look up to are just regular people with good days and bad days.  Also, the older I get, the more I see the impact of even the smallest choices.  It can become overwhelming.  However, life can also be so enjoyable.

The truth is, I am here, and my life has a purpose.  That purpose is to live in relationship with God and as a result shine His light to those around me.  I want to be so filled with joy that God's contagious peace and love will spread around me like an epidemic.

I don't want to live my life defined by my fear and failures.  I don't want to live indebted to the opinions and approval of others.  I sing, dance, and play for an audience of One.  I long for His confidence, poise and grace.  Can I be a woman like that?  I'm certainly praying so.

I want to make my life count and the minutes and hours of every day worth it.  I pray that God will use my skills, personality, and smile to bring Him glory through my life.  I want to live like this all the time:  awake, aware, and alive.

Could there be more to this life than we've been living?  I'm pretty sure we all know it deep inside.  Are you ready for this?  I'm divin' in!

No comments:

Post a Comment