Saturday, August 13, 2011

How Could I?

When I look over my journey just today, I see how I have lost focus.  I spent the whole evening watching Francis Chan videos and it finally hit me...I have been so focused on me, me, me.  Even my previous blog post was about the things that I want to do with my life.  What does it even matter?

Francis Chan was listening to a speaker once that was begging God to speak through her at a service.  Then it hit her.  God had invited her to HIS party.  She was just lucky to be a part of it.

Our lives on earth are so short.  We have one chance at this thing.  God is so big and so good and this is His party.  He has invited US.  Since when have we the right to waltz in and dance around as if it was all about us?

Sometimes I think that God looks at me and just shakes His head.  Really, Chelsea?

As many hours a day as I spend thinking about my dreams and what I want to do with my life, how often do I think about God’s dreams and what He wants for the world?  How often do I ponder how this very day my life is playing out a very small but significant part in that dream?

My life...whether it will be 23 years or 123 years...IS NOT ABOUT ME.  It’s all about God and HIS KINGDOM and HIS SALVATION and HIS REDEMPTION and OH MY GOODNESS, where did I get off on this ME tangent?  I want to catch HIS VISION...forget about my dreams about learning how to yodel or riding in a helicopter...REALLY?  Salvation for the world vs. yodeling...no comparison, whatsoever.

Today I was so proud of myself because I successfully installed a flasher box in the steering wheel of my car all by myself.  To me, this is a significant accomplishment.  In a period of three short days, Jesus died on a cross, conquered death for all humanity, and rose from the dead.  My accomplishment...hmmm...not so significant.

I want to shine so bright.  I want to burn for my God.  I want to lose myself completely in Him.  If my life on earth has no other purpose or accomplishment than this, I will have become everything I was meant to become.  I will have brought a smile to God’s face, and nothing else holds a candle to what that means.

Yeah, that’s about it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this because I had the same revelation about two weeks ago!! I was thinking about my current job situation (which is non existent)...and complaining and felt God saying, "It's not about you!!" my favorite song for those moments is "Made to Love" by TobyMac!!

    Praying for you!! Carmen

    ReplyDelete