Friday, March 4, 2011

Seeking the Kingdom

I have been dealing with a lot of restlessness lately.  Anybody who has been in ministry understands this feeling.  I know that God is working on my heart and is preparing me for the next step.  I have been trying to stick close to Him and listen.

I have been wrestling with this concept of the Kingdom of God.  I struggle to wrap my mind around what that is.  When I went to lunch with my cousin today, he told me what I sensed that God had been telling me all along:  "What is the Kingdom of God?" is the most important question we could ever ask.  It is more important than our success, our families, or even ourselves.  It is more important than our desires, safety, or comfort.  How we participate in the Kingdom of God is the purpose of our lives.

I have been engaging some people that I trust on this subject to try to understand what the Kingdom of God is.  I am diving into the Scripture, because that is basically the whole point that Scripture is trying to make.  It is the message of God, the Good News for everyone:  that we can be a part of SOMETHING LIKE THAT.  Please stay tuned for more thoughts on this subject.

I want to be a part of the Kingdom of God and I refuse to settle for anything less.  Jesus compares it to a lot of things, and one of them being a pearl of great price that a man sold everything to buy.  I want God's will to be worth my everything.  I want to be willing to sacrifice what I think I "need" for Kingdom purposes, because the Kingdom of God is not about ME.  It is about SO MUCH MORE.

God is speaking to me.  I am doing my best to listen and be obedient.  Please pray for me as I try to discern God's direction and plan for the next step of my life.  Also, if you have not wrestled with this topic before, I invite you to please journey with me!  There is no greater subject to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment