Monday, September 26, 2011

Thoughts About School...and Life

Ok, I’m going to be honest here for a minute.  I am both scared to death and excited beyond reason for what God has in store for the next couple years and beyond.  I think I entered the whole spectrum of emotions today pertaining to school and the things that are going to go along with that.  My grades on my papers are definitely not as high as I would like them to be, and in thinking about what I should do to make them better I decided to write about my thoughts on some of the reading points before I sat down and wrote the actual paper for class.  That way I will have read it, reviewed it, and then reported on it.  Sounds good in theory, right?  We shall give it a try.

Until this point in my life, I have been somewhat reserved about how much of my faith I gave to God.  That sounds really funny, because we think about faith being all about God.  However, I think for years I bowed down to my fear of failure, or looking stupid in front of others, or something else that I could not put my finger on.  I had faith in my inability to do things.  When God asked me to move to Tennessee, He made it clear to me that from that point on, I would have to let go of all that and learn to serve Him with reckless abandon.  And it feels reckless.  However, I think that in order to go on a God-sized adventure, it will just have to seem that way.

And can I say that it is super exciting to go on a God-sized adventure?  You should try it sometime!  This past month has rocked my world with all that God is doing in and through me.  The best part is that it has been totally HIM the whole way.  I cannot claim any of it.  He has been helping me to step out of my introverted comfort zone and meet people and do amazing things.  I am meeting the most incredible people here in Nashville.  I am coming to the point in some friendships where things are starting to go deep, and I love that.  I decided that I’m not going to be afraid anymore.  I’m going to be careful about who I trust, but I’m going to actually learn how to trust.

This is a short blog, and believe me it was going to be much longer, but I decided not to post my thoughts on my homework :)  And the world says:  AMEN!  Have a great day in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment