Monday, January 7, 2013

You Can Have Me

I am sitting right now in the presence of Christ, overcome by His love, greatness, and calling. Underneath a glorious sky of stars and clouds, I listen to His heart. I hear Him say, "See, I am making you new, but not for your glory. It is all for My Kingdom."

I remember my past and the things that I have struggled with. I remember all the things that I still carry with me today. I hear Him say, "It no longer matters. How you feel, how you hurt. All that has happened has no significance outside all that I will use it for in the Kingdom."

If I am looking for pity, I will receive none. Therefore I had better stop asking for it. I must give up my divided heart for one passion and one purpose: the Kingdom of God.

The life I live is not my story; it is God's. There is not a fragment of my life that is mine to own. Therefore I live as a steward of God's precious story and redemption. Everything that happens in my life is not mine to own; it is God's to redeem. I am entitled to nothing, but I am an heir to everything. To live my life with eternity always on my mind is not an option. It should be the only priority of every moment of my life.

I ask Him, "When did the love and passion for you grow cold? When did it not inspire me to seek to be fully consumed by You?"

"It doesn't matter," He responds. "What matters is that from now on I have your heart. Are you ready?"

"By your grace, Lord, I will be in each moment. You can have me."

No comments:

Post a Comment